Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Diabetesalicious Lite: The D List Edition ~

For the record - This list is not in any ranking order- Except for the first one.
#####

First: Please go give our girl Heidi over At “The D-Log Cabin” some love and support because she could really use it!

Second: I have a guest post up over at the Medtronic’s The Loop- Blog and it’s all about what’s in my handbag diabetes wise with some diabetes memories thrown in for good measure! So when you get the chance, stop over and give it a read - And thanks in advance :) 

Third: How does one take an antibiotic 4 times a day for three days?? Do I have to set my alarm clock to start administering in the middle of the night or what?? 

Fourth: We as a community have until May 7th to let the FDA know out thought on glucose meter/test strip accuracy - The current rules were set in 2003 - If we don’t comment and voice our concerns, who knows the next time we will have the FDA’s ears on this subject. Click the following link to walk you through the process!

Fifth: It’s not to late to register for the 2014 #DiabetesSisters Weekend For Women Conference in Washington, D.C. April 25th - 27th. 
Click HERE to learn more about the conference and for info re: registering.

Sixth: Looking to go back to school?? You’re in luck because Hogwarts is now accepting applications. Also: If you do get accepted, do us a favor and work on some spells/ potions to cure Diabetes. OK, thanks! 

Seventh: Easter & Passover - Do you bolus differently for them? I do. I use an extended temp basal rate, but I'm considering trying a duel wave this year - All depends on what’s in my Easter Basket on Sunday morning and on the dessert table Sunday night. 

Eighth: Speaking of temporary and duel wave boluses and yummy stuff, the 1/2 off Easter candy phenomenon officially starts on Easter Sunday. 
I’m going to do my best to steer clear of it - But talk to me next Monday and I’ll let you know how that’s panning out~ 

1 comment:

Mike Hoskins said...

It seems whenever these holidays are around, and we're making the trip for a family or friend gathering where there's continuous food on display, I tend to up the basal rate for that whole day.