Friday, June 12, 2015

Weekend Goals: Embracing, Enjoying & Being Grateful

The weekend is damn near officially here and like many, I'm totally stoked. 
Also: It's going to be hot.  
Sidebar/yearly alert: Heat and insulin pumps don't always play well together, Skunky Insulin Alert Threat level ORANGE. IMO, you might want to keep those insulin reservoirs at half-mast if you plan on spending a lot of time outdoors. 
Personally, I'm looking forward hitting the beach for the first time this season.
 But between you and me, I'm not looking forward to getting into my swimsuit. 
Here's the thing - I may not love how I look in my swimsuit right now, but I plan on embracing my body and embrace and enjoy my moments in the sand and ocean and I will be grateful for them - regardless of how I think I look. 
Speaking of embracing, enjoying, and being grateful, I plan on getting back in the business of cardio and being able to breathe freely - Yep, this weekend I plan on filling my bike's tires with air and going for a ride. 
I want to feel the sun on my face and the wind on my back and not worry about how many miles or how fast I go - I just want to enjoy the ride and take it all in.
I will make sure I have carbs on hand (just in case,) a Brita Sports bottle filled with water and I will apply my sunscreen liberally and with gusto. 
And continue to ride because riding my bike makes me happy... it also makes my blood sugars happy. ;) 
And lastly, I plan on visiting a loved one who is on the road to better, but isn't quite there yet - I love and am grateful for this person, enjoy their company immensely. 
I also plan on holding them tightly in a big hug of love when I see them. 

What about you? What and or who, do you plan on embracing, enjoying and being grateful for this weekend? 

No comments: