Friday, August 14, 2015

Dialoging About Diabetes With Hope Warshaw ~

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that the Diabetes Online Community has connected me with so many amazing people who have diabetes; who love someone with diabetes, or who are Diabetes Healthcare Professionals. 
I know I’m not alone when I say that connecting with people who “get it,” makes our lives easier; expands our universe, empowers us - both as patients and people - and those connections continually reinforce the fact that we are not alone in our lives with diabetes. 
One of the people who “get it,” is Hope Warshaw, a type 3 Dietitian; RD, CDE, BC-ADM, Author, Speaker and Diabetes Advocate  and the 2015 President-elect of the American Association of Diabetes Educators. 
I first *met* Hope the way I met most of you, online. In 2012 I had the opportunity to meet Hope IRL (in real life,) at ADA in Philadelphia  - and lucky for me, our paths continue to cross - which is awesome because I’m a huge fan of Hope in all diabetes dimensions!

Recently, Hope interviewed me for the section of her blog called, "Dialoging About Diabetes,"series of interviews with Diabetes Activists. 
The primary goals of these interviews is "to help make living with diabetes…just a bit easier. Goal two is to enhance the two-way street – to help more PWD connect and encourage more DHCPs to connect PWD to the value of social networking."  
It was a pleasure and an honor to be interviewed by Hope and dare I say, I hope you checkout the interview by clicking, HERE :) 

No comments: